Saturday 29 June 2024

Big White is AWESOME!!! It has been a while... wait... have I used that title before?

 I have? Well... in that case I er... don't care. True story.

Yeah, it has been a while. Covid, 2020, property sales, teaching in Japan... trying to buy property in Japan... nope it didn't work out. What? No, no, it wasn't anything bad.

Okay, I'll tell you the short version. After looking at a bunch of places we put an offer in on a place in Myoko Kogan. Every been? Shorter seasons than North America but far more of that, you know, Japan Powder - 14m annually... they say. Anyway we'd considered a couple of places but nothing seemed quite right - too expensive, too run down, wrong location... then just before we left Japan a realtor messaged to say he'd found a place. We were in Hokkaido, so a quick change of flight - yeah, it was really easy and inexpensive... no, obviously not Canada.

A Japanese Heron... you can tell by the Samurai outfit.
This place was AWESOME, yeah, Big White AWESOME. True Story. They were asking 40m Yen... I offered 48m Yen, that's enough, right? I paid the deposit, flew back to Canada and er... twiddled my thumbs for three weeks. Dave (my Japan side consultant) thought we had it in the bag... the Bag, easy... Nope. Apparently a Japanese buyer thought it was worth even more.

If you're considering a Japanese, resort, property purchase... they are insanely cheap. That place? Slept 50, had a commercial kitchen, had two Onsens (I love onsen), located in the resort... and $340k Cad. Actually, the Canadian dollar has strengthened 18% since I was teaching in Hokkaido during the 2022/2023 season. Then $400k, now $340k. Crazy!

I had plans, partners, investors, clients... I was gonna start a ski school, and you know make billions... or at least financially survive... oh, and ski.

Anyhoo... I'm still looking. And if you're considering Japan and want a recommendation? Speak to Dave in Myoko. Or if you know an awesome place for sale... send me a message.

What else?

You know, I was gonna talk about rental scams but I think it deserves its' own post... so, next time I will address that big Elephant, yep, capital E.

Finally

Solido Properties have owned, managed, developed, renovated, bought, sold... and been passionate about Big White since 2000... man I feel old.

Business Pitch.

If you're looking for a rental solution to your real estate management quandary... and when I say quandary I mean, how do you optimize rental income, usage, maintenance needs, renovations and occupancy rates... then contact Solido Properties through the normal avenues... wait... what... you want a link? Oh, well, that makes sense - here and if you want some more pics of Japan... keep scrolling.

And and and... if you looking at this, after I've updated the website from the 'park-page' to an actual site... you can visit it here. If not, then you can still visit it there. True Story.

And... if you actually read to here, I have a joke as a thank you - "There are two things I hate... Racism, and Foreigners. It's a joke.

But if you feel the need to complain, you can contact the complaints dept. at goaway@Idontcare.com





















Do you like my slippers? 


No comments:

Big White is AWESOME!!! Thinking of coming to Big White for a season...? And you're nervous...? Part Duh!

See what I did there with the 'Duh'? Well... "Duh! Of course we did... dumbass." So, I have a little confession. That was ...