Friday 19 July 2013

Big White is AWESOME! Cos of the People 2 - The Paul.

As attractive as Brad is... I do have the perfect woman for me, my lovely wife Susan. I knew she was perfect when I realized she was laughing at my crappy jokes, and was willing to spend more than 10 minutes with me - not much more, but still. 

Of course I had to be careful with my decision - did I really want to spend the rest of my life with a woman that would marry someone like me...? In the end I accepted that I just got a much better deal than she did. 

So, people at Big White 2: After an overwhelming response (just under two) clamouring for less, it was time to expand, and maybe create a series.

The Paul.


Who? Guy that owns the Globe with Jude (who?), speaks funny, (huh?) looks like Debbie Harry (the later years) - ah, now you got him?

This section is a bit R rated so you may want to close your ears.

The Paul and I are different and yet similar which leads to great banter between the two of us.

For example I would say something like "Hi Paul" and he will instantly come back with gems like 'F**k off Chris' or 'Shut the f**k up' or the eternal - 'Don't f**king talk to me'

Ahhh, classic Paul. Sometimes I don't even have to start before he jumps in with his side...

Paul can often be found at the Globe talking about Manchester United - I think it is a carpet shop or something. And the mere mention of Sir Alex Tony Robinson or George Better is enough to bring a tear to his eye.

When I first met Paul he would always sit alone with three pints of Guinness in front of him. Sit and sip and stare, sit and sip and stare... Eventually I had to ask what he was doing. After we got passed the playful banter (see above) he told me that he and his two brothers would always sit and drink a pint of Guinness in their home town of New Delhi. 

When they went their separate ways, they promised once a month to sit and drink three pints of Guinness, one for each brother, and reflect on their East Indian roots. How cool is that?

One day tho, I see Paul sipping only two pints... "uh oh", I thought, has something happened to a brother? I gently ask "Did something happen to your brother?" 

"F**k off... wait, what?" He responds, sounding a bit like that funny uncle you used to have, the one that was way, way to touchy feely...

"Two beers...? Did something happen to a brother...?" I say.

"F**k off Chris, nothing has happened to my brothers, I'm on antibiotics, Dr's orders, I can't drink... these pints are theirs, you numpty" Apparently 'numpty' is a word in New Delhi - who knew? 

Come share some banter with Paul at the Globe - open everyday! But he is not there, ever...

Gavin is tho...



No comments:

Big White is AWESOME! Back in time... Japanese Odyssey #5 Day one.

Mount Fuji I was deleting stuff from my phone yesterday and I came across notes from my second Japanese Odyssey, back in 2019... yep! Pre Co...